Talking to the Queen of Female Empowerment: Jacqueline Gold, Executive Chair of Ann Summers.
This week we’re talking to the game-changing Jacqueline Gold. Jacqueline is one of the UK’s most successful businesswomen, having been CEO of Ann Summers for over 30 years. She started her career aiming to empower women in the bedroom, evolved her career to empower women in the boardroom and has always had female empowerment at the core of everything she does. Jacqueline also has breast cancer. This is an incredible conversation with one of Britain’s most influential women.
Themes we discuss include:
- Getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Imposter syndrome
- The power of hope and optimism. Are oncologists too negative?
- Taking back control and not being a passive patient
- The importance of discussing sexuality and body image in oncology
- The Ann Summers MyViv range
- Being your own cheerleader
- The power of self-talk
- The currently perceived ‘brand’ of living with cancer